Lake Quassapaug Outing Club, LLC
Middlebury Road, Box 75
Middlebury, CT 06762
Rules and Regulations
OPENING: Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend
CLOSING: Labor Day
• Summer Hours:
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Monday -Thursday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Regular membership is limited to the family unit residing at the same household: mother, father, and unmarried/dependent (no older than college age) children as prescribed by the club.
• Senior membership is limited to mother and father over 60.
• All guests must register upon arrival.
• No child member under 16 will be admitted without one of his/her parents.
• Regulations for swimming will be posted on the bulletin board. Under no circumstances will swimming be allowed without lifeguard supervision.
• All boats must be equipped with required safety equipment.
• We remind you that the parking lot is a dangerous place, please do not allow your child to enter it alone.
• We appreciate the consideration shown in curbing alcohol consumption on premises. Excessive consumption or consumption by minors is strictly forbidden.
• We request automobiles leave the premises by closing time each day.
• All personal property should be removed at season’s end, Labor Day.
• Ball play on the beach is discouraged during busy times.
• Parents are advised to watch their children in the club. They should be protectors of their children’s safety.
Regulations for Swimming
1. Swimming is permitted only when a lifeguard is on duty.
2. Parents are advised to watch their children in the water. They should be protectors of their children’s safety.
3. Swimmers must obey the lifeguard instruction at all times.
4. Roughhousing, wrestling, and horseplay are not permitted in the swimming areas.
5. No swimming during thunderstorms.
6. Swimmers are to stay within the boundaries of the lifelines.
7. Flotation devices (including life jackets), balls, or other toys are not permitted in the water.
8. No beach chairs in the water.
9. Very young children should wear diapers and a bathing suit.
10. Please do not sit directly between the Guard stand and the water.
11. Please do not use glass items on the beach or in the water.
12. Consumption of alcoholic beverages on the beach is not permitted.
13. Masks and snorkels that obstruct the airway are not permitted.
-The McDonald Family